Saturday, June 2, 2012

Micro-Blog Post: Novel Status

I've recently made it to 23,600 words today on my No Magic For Luke Peters: Luke Peters is in Exiles Custody, Bobby Bland is in Police custody, and Sadie Perkins is soaked and afraid on the side of the Merrimack.

After a wild raid on the home of Sheila of the Wolves, Luke and Sadie were driven onto the street and ultimately into the Merrimack river with Bobby Bland attempting to smash in the windshield on Perkins' truck. Bobby turned out not to be the threat as the mighty Merrimack tossed my characters around like pinballs in a particularly exciting game. I was wondering if it's possible to use a Deus Ex Machina in reverse. 

I used the violence of the river to strip Luke of his allies and to tire both Luke and Bobby so that I could have them confront one another while not injuring one another too badly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment