The icy rain fell like glowing embers before the low sun and I cupped my hand around my cigarette to stop its death. I started the boom-box. Journey’s Don’t stop believing echoed through the rain. My target opened her front door. She moved forth with nervous steps, closer and closer to me. I readied my pistol, taking care not to let her see it. She called over to me, “I love this song!”
“Who doesn’t!” I called back, raising my pistol and firing twice. Once into heart Journey loving heart and once in her head.
“I hate god damn Journey.”
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (80)
- ► 2011 (64)
- Story Excerpt: The Wanderer -Chapter 2: The Death ...
- For The Writers #1: Writing Prompts
- Short Three: Don't Stop Believing
- She Two: Two Strangers
- Short One: Inner Monologue Of A Struck Man
- Story Five: It's All Me
- Story Four: Time Stop Suicide
- Story Three : Hostage Situation
- Story Excerpt: The Wanderer
- Story Two: Are You Sicily?
- Story One: Two Men, Alone And Beset By Zombies
- ▼ December 2010 (11)